Solution : Fleet Management
Oct 12, 2021
The client is a logistics and transport organisation that operates a large fleet of vehicles including heavy load trucks, serving their customers across the whole country. The client approached us at Trinetra Wireless to get a solution for their load trucks plying continuously across the length and breadth of the nation, that were moving from one location to another location constantly. The fleet managers wanted to monitor and control the fleet’s operations to improve safety, productivity and efficiency of men and material.
The Problem Outline
After our team got the briefing from the client, they identified the main pain points or challenges that had to be addressed, which were affecting the client and their fleet operations. They pain points were as follows:
- To ensure On-Time customer location arrival and data.
- To identify unwanted engine idling and prevent its repetition
- To locate with accuracy each vehicle in the fleet and tracking all operations
- To help in safety training for the drivers to ensure safety of men and material
- To gain better visibility of operations and driver behaviour with vehicle movement
The fleet managers had given priority to reduce the fuel consumption and gain better visibility of ETA to end customer doubts on vehicle movement. They also wanted to make sure that drivers were behaving properly during journey and routes. The FMS software application is to provide complete control over trucks to avoid unwanted vehicle stoppage at unauthorised zones.
The client wanted on-time sensor alerts during the journeys of the vehicle (reefer truck) for assigned parameters and ensure safety of goods during operations. By locating each vehicle in the fleet and tracking all operations of the fleet, the client intended to improve quality of their business. The solution would help in safety training of the drivers to ensure safety of men and material for the company.
The Solution Summary
Following the discussion on the requirements of the client and keeping in mind the cost benefits offered by implementing our software, the team came up with a customised solution that would address the pain points. The solution would create awareness of the importance of Fleet Management System for their transport business. The fleet management solution will have instant alerts assigned to the parameters identified and help to improve visibility of the vehicle 24×7 across operations.
The fleet management software will help in limiting cost and time for more productivity of the heavy load fleet of trucks deployed in various routes. The same solution will help to monitor the driver behaviour at the wheel and even reroute whenever necessary to optimise fleet operations. The fleet monitoring system will keep the drivers engaged and thus help to lessen violation on multiple aspects.
- Savings in terms of money as well as resources and time
- Instant alerts on violation by driver, for reducing the maintenance & fuel costs
- Customer business rules can be inducted and monitored
- Ever evolving hardware and software
- Expectation based monitoring, custom based reporting
The Outcome / Result
- Accelerate your Payment Cycle by 40%, by quick updates and real-time data
- Vehicle dispatch and efficiency of operations can be improved by simplifying Scheduling with centralised fleet management system and quick dispatch of the vehicle
- Manpower cost incurred for managing the fleet can be cut down by 17-30%
- Pre-emptive alerts on the vehicle maintenance will boost vehicle life span by 24%
Please send us a request for a Demo. Our team will contact you as early as possible and interact with you to further discuss on your requirements.
Just view the TRINETRA Wireless website to learn more about our customised solutions for various clients.