The client is one of the largest importers and distributors of consumer goods and grocery products, sourced from many different parts of the world.
The client wants to be very active as a market leading distributor of FMCG and perishable goods in time to their customers. During transportation the products were stacked without order in the vehicle. Because of this the products got damaged. The challenge was to load up the products based on the delivery location. If the products are not loaded as per the delivery points scheduled, the despatching got delayed. The client needed a solution to reduce damage and dispatching time of products.
Trinetra also provided the route management, by whic h the charted route is sent to the respective dispatching unit and driver. This stacking based on delivery points gave clarity to the driver on which location gets which goods delivered first.
In case of new requirements from customers, Trinetra’s solution allowed the admin, to identify the nearest vehicle to the customer’s location. The solution has helped the client to improve efficiency of their core business by restructuring their daily activities.
The client is a leading consumer electronics retailer distributing electronic products to customers all over the world.
The client, a major electronics retailer, ships thousands of electronic products globally. However, during transit the products get damaged, due to improper handling or owing to other external parameters. Hence, when damaged goods shipped reach the customer, it inflates the operating costs and also creates dissatisfaction to customers, plus create delay in deliveries. It also affects the inventory management, besides doubling shipping costs to replace damaged goods for customers.
A solution to this problem was offered by Trinetra Wireless, by providing different alarms and sensors, based on the events during transit. Once there is a breach in the parameters, the respective sensors will send alerts to the user, along with the time and location when it happened.
The cause of the change is identified based on the alerts, history of data and predictive analysis. It also provided intelligent data, like on which vehicle and location the damage occurred frequently. Based on data on improper usage of vehicle, road conditions it travelled, the unpredictable motion in transit, it can identify hazards.
Although vibration may seem inconsequential, many goods suffer consistent vibrations. Long exposure to it can cause loosening of fasteners, abrasion or other types of damages. Sensors attached to the shipment can trigger off immediate notifications, as soon as there is tilt, shock or as other parameters are breached. So, when goods are dropped on the loading dock, or bounces on a bumpy road, the sensors will send text messages or email right away to supply chain managers to take immediate corrective actions. Trinetra’s GPS based system provides info about who mishandles the products most and where it happens so that shipping managers can look to minimise damage. Severity of the alarms too can be set as notify, warning and critical, as per frequency of the impact.
- Handful insights to derive pattern
- Minimize the damage of the goods
- Minimize Shipping and packing cost
- On time delivery to the customer
- Reduced Operational Costs
The client operates in the vehicle lease management industry, offering transportation services to major multinational companies (MNCs), who need to pick-up and drop their staff working on different shifts.
The Business Requirement.
The client provides efficient transportation to the staff of an MNC. The vehicles have to be managed for different shifts, and keenly monitored for the safety of passengers during travel. The client needs a solution of integrating the RFID solution with the GPS tracking system, to monitor in real-time the passengers and the driver’s behaviour, to maintain safety and control of routes during travel, especially in the night shift drops and pick-ups.
The Solution Implementation
Driver behaviour monitoring and management is critical to create a safety culture. Trinetra offered GPS enabled Fleet Management System with safety aspects integrated. Even with strong rules and strict measures, accidents, maintenance and service was a challenge. Now by integrating GPS fleet management system the client could manage safety in following ways.
- Trinetra’s driver management system can monitor live road violations and proper vehicle utilization and also take counter measures.
- The automated solution provides accurate details on driver behaviour and discrepancies can be monitored while on-field.
- Drivers and vehicle sent alert notification will help staff to know driver and vehicle details in advance, and to plan their safety during night.
- The system helps Fleet managers to manage vehicles by splitting them up, based on location, priority, etc. Further, shows the status on parking and idling, with location update, to avoid critical discrepancies.
- In an emergency situation driver can make use of the panic button, to notify an alert to the authorized persons.
Benefits of the Solution.
- Instant alerts on deviations from business safety rules
- Alerts when speed level exceeds the limit
- Increase visibility between the various stakeholders
- Improved driver management and behaviour solution
- Comprehensive asset monitoring system
- Increased employee satisfaction
- Reduced maintenance costs